38 Degrees is one of the UK’s biggest campaigning communities, with millions of members.
Total actions taken
38 Degrees say they are independent of all political parties. They are driven by issues and outcomes, and judge all politicians by the same standards regardless of what party they belong to.
They don’t take money from political parties, government or big business. The campaigns are powered by small donations from thousands of 38 Degrees members averaging about £12 per donation.
If you have an idea to make your community, or the country, a better place, Campaigns by You helps you make it a reality. 38 Degrees let everyone create petitions, organise meetings, and win campaigns on the issues close to their hearts.
38 Degrees launched in 2009 and now has over 3 million people involved in the campaigns.
- They helped stop the government’s plans to sell off our ancient national forests.
- They stopped plans for a massive mega-dairy in Lincolnshire.
- They stopped Donald Trump’s plans to build a golf course at the expense of families in Menie, Scotland, who were at risk of eviction.
- They also helped convince the government to sign up to the EU Directive on human trafficking.
- They forced the 2012 Olympic sponsors not to dodge their tax.
- They stopped eBay from selling illegal bee-killing pesticides.
- They helped make sure plans to cover up investigations into MPs expenses were scrapped.
38 Degrees members campaign on a variety of different issues all year round – from keeping privatisation out of our NHS, to keeping libraries open, to stopping Murdoch’s power grab of BSkyB. We’re concerned with defending fairness, protecting rights, promoting peace, preserving the planet and deepening democracy.
Do leave a comment on this post – click on the post title then scroll down to leave your comment.