www.ikeepsafe.org Twitter: @ikeepsafe
The Internet Keep Safe Coalition (iKeepSafe), established in 2005, is an American non-profit international alliance of more than 100 policy leaders, educators, law enforcement members, technology experts, public health experts and advocates.
iKeepSafe tracks global trends and issues surrounding digitally connected products and their affect on children. This research drives the continuous creation of positive resources for parents, educators and policymakers who teach youths how to use new media devices and platforms in safe and healthy ways.
iKeepSafe has created a collection of products and tools used to affect a global society of digital citizens:
- Digital Citizenship C3MatrixTM—a tool designed to assist educators in integrating the concepts of cybersafety, security and ethics into current teaching..
- Faux Paw the Techno Cat®—a series of educational books and animated DVDs dealing with topics like online safety, cyberbullying, responsible downloading, and balancing screen time with real life.
- Google Digital Literacy Tour–interactive workshops helping students, teachers, and parents learn, through hands-on scenario activities, how to steer clear of cyber tricks and be responsible digital citizens.
- iKeepCurrent TM –a weekly email newsletter using current events and news stories to build digital citizenship public awareness content, curricula and professional development .
- iKeepSafe Generation SafeTM –the only product that helps schools comprehensively navigate through their digital environments through professional development, self assessment and incident response tools.
IKeepSafe is a useful resource for educators.