The Society of Citizens Against Romance Scams (SCARS) claim to represent more than 25,000 people, dedicated to changing the world of online fraud for the sake of everyone.
SCARS aspires to be the global organization to coordinate political advocacy, public education and avoidance programs, have an enforcement focus, support victims and promote recovery programs, and establish best practices and standards throughout the world. “A Beacon In The Darkness”.
That’s quite a mission.
The focus of the Society is to:
- Consolidate the voices of many into a single voice.
- Work for the creation and implementation of universal standards and practices that provide effective and ethical anti-scam activities
- Engage government, law enforcement, and victims globally in new methods to aggressively combat online fraud.
- Create the first worldwide Anti-Scam Data Reporting Network with industry partners for real time exposure of fraudsters
- Develop support and recovery solutions for traumatized victims based upon the best methods employed in the private and public sectors.
For Individuals: join in the transformation that will begin to bring an end to the uncontrolled reign of online fraud. As additional benefits are added you will automatically be eligible.
For Professionals: you will be able to take advantage of numerous committees and their work product to improve your skills. In the future we will develop accredited continuing educational courses. Additionally you will become a part of a network of professional practitioners in victim’s support, investigation, and related practices available for certification.
For Groups and Organizations: you will have access to accreditation and certification processes to improve your services and offerings, and demonstrate to the public your degree of superior practices.
SCARS claims to be the only anti-online fraud non-governmental organization recognized by governments around the world and partners with a various important authorities, including:-
- The United States Department of Homeland Security
- Recognized Victims Assistance Organization
- S. Department of Justice Office of Victims of Crime
- S. DoJ OVC National Census Of Victim Service Providers
- NCVC Victim Connect Program
- NOVA – National Organization for Victim Assistance
- SCARS Is a member of The European Union’s Council Of Europe Octopus Cybercrime Organization
Do click on the Facebook or Twitter icons on top right to follow Fight Back Ninja.