Worldwide, there are over 2.20 billion monthly active Facebook users and that number is still growing across the world.
There are 1.45 billion mobile users that login on average every day and the corresponding figure for monthly users is 1.74 billion. Both of the numbers are growing steadily.
In Europe, over 307 million people are on Facebook.
People aged 25 to 34 are the biggest group of Facebook users but there is evidence that younger people are moving away from Facebook (considered to be uncool now that so many Grandfathers and Grandmothers inhabit Facebook).
- Highest traffic occurs mid-week between 1 to 3 pm.
- a Facebook post at 7pm will result in more clicks on average than posting at 8pm
- On Thursdays and Fridays, engagement is 18% higher than other days
- There are estimated to be 83 million fake profiles
- 300 million photos are uploaded each day
- Average time spent per Facebook visit is 20 minutes.
- 50% of 18-24 year-olds go on Facebook when they wake up.
Like it or loathe it, Facebook is the 800 pound Gorilla in the social media world and will do everything it can to stay at the top.
Interesting that it is considered to be uncool by a growing number of young people so maybe its peak is near and it could fall from grace as quickly as it rose.
Do leave a comment on this post – click on the post title then scroll down to leave your comment.