Oh No! The email warns me that my account has been suspended.
Or maybe not, as I the email appears to be from uptimeprime and I don’t have an account with them.
There are a few glaring faults with the message:-
- They don’t know my name and haven’t even bothered to put “Dear Customer” or anything similar
- The graphic for their logo is missing – just an error where it’s supposed to be
- It says “Just to let you know that we noticed some unusual activities on your account” which sounds friendly but then the next line changes that
- “Technical issues have been detected and your account is suspended”
- “You are required to verify your details” – that wouldn’t resolve the supposed unusual activities.
- The link to verify my details is to salitigayouthcommunity .or.id which sounds made-up.
- There’s a coding error in the email as sections of HTML code appear so the scammer didn’t know how to use the template properly
- The disclaimer is repeated twice.
A dumb scammer looking for logins and passwords to sell.
Do click on the Facebook or Twitter icons on top right to follow Fight Back Ninja.