Time-Wasters. These are the people who send out sales emails or make cold sales calls that are inappropriate and a waste of time for you and them. If only they had put in a tiny bit of effort then they wouldn’t have chosen to bother you.
There is an overlap between time-wasters and spammers and cold callers but the difference is that the time-wasters are usually harmless and should have known better.
Some examples from a couple of days of emails and calls to Brooklands Radio station.
- Phone calls asking you to answer survey questions. What A waste of time.
- Automated PPI calls. Total waste of time.
- A caller wanting to speak to the fleet manager. We’re a volunteer radio station – there is no fleet.
- Emails about card processing equipment designed for restaurants. We are not a restaurant.
- Email about expediting our customer debts. We’re a volunteer organisation – we don’t have customer debts.
- Email about an IT support company opening a new office in North England looking for local clients. We’re in Surrey, not North England.
- Email from an American logistics company wanting to help us to move our factory production lines. We’re a Radio station – no production lines and even if we did have, then what use is a company that operates only in America?
And so the list goes on. Dumb people who should have put in a little thought rather than phoning or emailing random people who could not possibly want their products or services.